Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, April 22, 2011

AT&T Detected my unauthorized tethering


So after little over a year of Tethering on my phone I finally received a text message from AT&T regarding the unauthorized tethering.
For over a year I’ve been using TetherMe tweak from Cydia which allows you to use native tethering on your iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 without paying additional fees.
I think the reason why they found out was my very high data usage in the last two months (about 5GB or more ) a month compared to my regular data usage of about 4GB.


From what I’ve seen online, this txt msg is followed by an email telling you about different plan options for tethering (fucking expensive!!!!) and how your unlimited data plan (which I have) will be replaced with a 4GB tethering plan or something like that. I got the txt from AT&T yesterday but I still haven’t received the email…at least not yet.
I’ll post updates as stuff happens.

0 comments: